Sunday, October 5, 2008

Crazy Is The Forecast All Week

It's funny how things can go back to the way they were so quickly. When I started grad school, I was worried about whether or not I would be able to get back into scholar mode. Now here I am, procrastinating just as I was before. Excellent. It turns out I don't have to be in Albion to want to put all of my reading and writing off until the last minute. The difference this time is that I actually chose to be here. I didn't have to go to grad school, but I worked hard for it and now I'm taking classes in subjects that actually interest me. And I am, even though it doesn't seem that way, a little more dedicated and organized than I was during undergrad. I swear.

Anyway, back to real life. Last week Wednesday, Buddy, Elle and I went to see Matt Nathanson in concert. It was, in a word, amazing. I had high hopes for the show, given the number of live albums and concerts I have listened to, and was worried that he wouldn't be as dynamic in person as he seems in my ipod. I was proven wrong. I had soooo much fun. I can't wait to see him again. I had a big stupid happy face when we left and didn't even care that we had to wait for a bus in the cold rain for half an hour to get home.

Chuck came to visit this weekend. We didn't do anything too exciting. Mostly just did homework together when I was not at the Factory. It was very nice to see him. We watched SNL last night and I was laughing so hard. I really loved the Laurence Welk Show sketch. And, after watching the Digital Short for this week, he and I decided to have an Extreme Activities Challenge. He thinks he can beat me in the hat balance, which may be true, but I will definitely school him in the walking. Ha!

Buddy and I are going together to get Elle from the airport tonight. I'm sure it will be quite interesting.

1 comment:

Moi said...

Yay! we're on the same site, woo-hoo!

Thanks for picking me up at the airport and for the sign. It was awesome!