Sunday, October 26, 2008

City Sidewalks, Busy Sidewalks

It is almost November! This means that Thanksgiving is a month away, and Christmas is right on its heels. The weather today is making me hungry for holiday cheer. I am presently listening to a holiday compilation, though I am told that that is not allowed until after Thanksgiving. Poppycock. I will do it now. In moderation, though. I swear. Things I love about the Christmas season include:

-finding the perfect gift for everyone
-mittens
-cookies
-Christmas trees
-decorations
-rosy cheeks
-ice skating
-egg nog
-Christmas music
-spending time with my family and friends
-snuggling in pajamas
-snowflakes
-sliding on streets
-snowmen
-fire in the fireplace
-baking my dad a birthday cake

I could probably go on and on about this, but I will refrain. I don't generally love the coldness and sometimes grossness about winter, but the season is not without its charms. I try to be optimistic. This Christmas will be exciting, because the parental units and Jack are driving from Idaho to Michigan, Jenna will be home, and I will get to see everyone I love. And get a tattoo. Huzzah. I just have to work on being successful, yet frugal, in my gift shopping. I already have a little something for Pooks and an idea of what to get my mom, but I am clueless about everyone else. Hmmmmmm.

This weekend has been fairly consumed with homework. I have, as always, a lot to do and not very much motivation. I have been impressed with my work ethic, though, so here's hoping that I can finish the semester without too much stress in my life. *sigh*

I've been thinking about marriage and children a lot lately. Not necessarily because I want to get married or have children right now, but because there is a lot of it happening around me. Elle's cousin is having a baby soon, and I am excited for her. My uncle confirmed my aunt's pregnancy to me on the phone the other day. They couldn't stop by, but I hope to see them at Christmas. Anyway, there have been lots of cute babies and small children coming to the Factory lately. I generally don't think babies are cute when they are very tiny, but these ones have been. And... I really like shopping for baby clothes. I can't help it. I think probably the reason I have been thinking of marriage is that when you get married, you get a ton of sweet things. I want to register at excellent stores and get things that I want. It would be awesome, no? Maybe.

No comments: