Thursday, October 16, 2008

All We Can Do Is Keep Breathing

Oh my word. Today I felt like crying pretty much all day. I hate that I let it get this bad, but the stress I am feeling about getting all of my work done, getting it done on time, and doing it well is seriously crushing me. I will be very grateful to see December, let me just tell you that.

In happier news, Elle and I went to Boston Market today for the first time. It was delightful. I had a pot pie and a side of macaroni and cheese and I loved it. Mmm. It was a good kind of meal to have on a gloomy, rainy, sad day like this one. We went to the Factory afterward, since they are practically next door to one another, to chat with our people.

This weekend, I am going to the Detroit area for the weekend. I am going to a wedding with Chuck on Saturday, so Pookie and Claudio and maybe some unconfirmed others are rendezvousing (can that word become a gerund, even though it is French? I've always wondered) with me at his house. It will be fabulous, I am sure, despite the feeling of anxiety I currently have concerning the meeting of the parents of Chuck. Yikes. It won't be that bad. I will not make a fool of myself. I will not make a fool of myself. I will not make a fool of myself. (Does saying it three times help?) I will become the bearer of gifts upon my arrival, which makes me happy. I bought, as requested, twelve bottles of beer for Claudio that he can not get in Michigan. I have a few other things, including one very silly, pointless item, and some sweet things that should not be named, for fear that Pooks reads this and discovers my plan.

I feel like this post is not making very much sense. I am losing my thoughts before I can type them. That is always a problem. It wasn't always that way. So sad. I need to go to bed so I can wake up at a reasonable time and do homework before my shift at the Factory at 11am. Joy of joys.

No comments: