Monday, April 19, 2010

It's Firefight and I Won't Run

Lately, I've been feeling like I don't want to be as involved with technology as I am. I don't mean that I don't want to have a phone or an ipod or a computer, but I really sometimes just wish I could delete my facebook profile or something and not feel totally guilty. I know that that is silly. I shouldn't be worrying about how that would make other people feel. *sigh* I think I'm just getting restless. I want this semester to be over and it feels like it will be over too soon and, at the same time, not over soon enough. I don't really understand how that works, but it totally does. Here is what I have left to do:

-art history final exam essay (4/21)
-historic preservation final paper (4/27)
-british empire research presentation (4/27)
-british empire final paper (4/30)
-british empire final exam essay (5/3)
-art history in class final exam (5/5)

Soooooo yeah. I am really excited. I spent the weekend reading art history so I can attempt to write something for this final. My professor knows what she wants the essay to be like (though we are not supposed to call it an essay) but she can't really articulate it, which concerns me.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

I totally understand about technology. I actually got rid of texting. It's $15/month I could be spending on paying back my dumb student loan! It's actually been nice to be somewhat unavailable... People can call 24/7, but they don't. Most would rather text. And I took a break from FB for the month of April... I don't really miss it. haha...

Jenni said...

PS -- what are your plans this summer? it'd be awesome to catch up with you sometime...

i have 1 week paid vacation... so... maybe we can meet up somewhere?

Erika said...

I am impressed that you gave up texting. I don't know what I would do if I did. Haha. My phone plan has unlimited texting folded in, so it's not really an additional charge, which is happy.

Summer plans... are undetermined. Sister is getting married in a few weeks and after that I have no idea. Job searching? Working? *sigh* I am really only working week to week here. It's rough times.

You should email me and tell me how everything is going! I will try not to be lame and actually reply in a timely manner.