Sunday, August 29, 2010

Waste No Time

My, what a nice Saturday I had this weekend! Really and truly.

Since I ended up not having to work, CLRG and I made a plan to get up at a reasonable time and try to avoid sleeping in by doing something out and about. We got up probably close to ten, and soon walked up to the Swissvale business district type place. We stopped at the library, where I checked two wonderful books. I was excited to visit the library because it is an old Carnegie Library (as so many in Pittsburgh are- go figure) and it was vine-covered and beautiful. There were some war memorials in front of it, which I enjoyed admiring. Anyway, after we visited the library, we headed up toward a little shopping plaza because I needed to mail a book at the post office. Before stopping there, though, we stopped at a thrift store and discovered that the books were on sale! A whole brown grocery bag full for only $3!!!! I think we came home with something like 20 books. Hooray! CLRG always knows the things I would like to see and do. He patiently waited while I took some pictures during our stroll.

After doing book related things, we went to a little sub place for lunch. We walked toward the house after that, stopping at a little cafe that used to be a bakery until a few months ago. CLRG and I had some rice pudding and some chocolate ice cream, respectively, and he bought me a little knit clutch thing that they had for sale, made by a local woman. When we got home, we hung out in the living room, reading, until I had to drive him to a bachelor party. Then, I spent the rest of my time reading my library books. Grand times, friends. Grand times.

Oh, did I tell you about the lady that I made friends with at work? I suppose maybe not. She comes in several days a week, always ordering the same thing, and always staying to read for a while. One Sunday a few weekends ago, I asked her what she was reading/what she read normally, since it is always something different. We talked a bit about our love of the written word, and the next time I saw her, she brought a book for me to borrow. It isn't something that I would normally read, but I looked through it, skimmed some parts, and think it is a nice book. I am going to see if she comes in tomorrow, so I may return it.

Anywayyyy... the weekend was good! I got to spend cute times with CLRG (whom I just love, love, love, as you know), I read a lot, and generally hung out. I'm pleased.

No comments: