Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Dance Floors and Magazines

Just a little while ago, I was cooking some hamburger (for future tacos... maybe tomorrow?) and Roommate C (I think I probably named him something else once, before I lived here, but I can't remember) came down and informed me that, since I moved in, the kitchen has seen more use than ever before. That's probably true, because all he ever eats is chicken patties and hamburgers. I am impressive, it seems, because I used the crock pot yesterday (swiss steak- turned out nicely), and I've made jambalaya and homemade mac & cheese here and tuna noodle casserole, among other things, since CLRG moved in here. Yes, indeed. I can't really remember where I was going with this, but whatever. I cook things sometimes. I got stuff to make a mac & cheese pasta bake thinger later this week (to eat with salads), and little shrimp to eat with pasta and pesto. Mmmm.

Fact is, I like doing these homey things. I have been doing my laundry with CLRG's and I enjoy doing it this way. I like going grocery shopping for us as a pair, but I don't like figuring out meals by myself. He never really has suggestions so I have to think really hard about meals. I really like living here. I will like it even more when the new room is finished.

Our set up plan for the new room and this other room is such: bed, love seats (couch won't make it up here, oh well), TV in the new room. Desks, dressers, storage containers in the older room. I am hopeful that my bookshelf will make it into the new side. I don't know why. We will soon each have a closet, rather than having to share one, and I will think about getting some drawers of some kind to make up for the shelves I won't have in my closet. We'll see, we'll see.

No comments: