Friday, August 27, 2010

Stadium Seating Instead of Park Benches

I took my car in for inspection this morning (at 9am or so) and finally picked it up after 2pm. Whoa man. It took forever. They called me and said that I needed my rear brakes replaced to pass inspection. Awesome, right? Yes. Thankfully, my dad came to the rescue and provided his dear daughter the funds to make this possible. I would be up a creek without a paddle without my parents saving me sometimes. I mean, seriously.

I can't wait until I have a job that allows me to actually have some money saved up. I am looking forward to the day when a paycheck isn't already totally spoken for when it is placed in my hand. Know what I mean? Money sucks.

Happily, I passed the time while waiting for my car at Starbucks. I used a gift card CLRG gave me to purchase some goodies, and read Oliver Twist. I am glad that I had the time to sit with my kindle, because I haven't been taking the time to read lately and I was thinking of giving up on Oliver recently. I can't do that now! I'm almost in the middle! ACK!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

good ole charles dickens...

and i totally understand about the money thing. sometimes i think i'll end up working at walmart and living paycheck to paycheck for the rest of my life... oh man.

i hope to see you soon...

i'll send you an email back this weekend with my route... not sure i have that part figured out yet... :)