Monday, January 19, 2009

These Are the Days of Endless Dreaming


The Steelers are going to the Super Bowl! I watched the AFC Championship game with Elle and CLRG and one of his friends last night and it was very exciting. Especially Polamalu's touchdown in the 4th or whatever. I do not yet have the rabid devotion to the Black and Gold that everyone in this city does. I was trying to make myself feel more invested in the game last night by reminding myself that it equated with the ALCS and such. Next: the equivalent of the World Series. It makes more sense to me when I put it in terms of baseball and think about the Tigers. Yep, yep. Elle and I played some Guitar Hero as well last night and that was interesting. We were both playing on medium a couple of times and not doing totally awesome, but okay. I think we'll improve with time. Haha.
Last night, Chuck IMed me for the first time since November. I replied, but heard nothing. Same thing happened this morning and I was getting kind of annoyed. I think I am open for casual IM conversations, but to IM me and then not do anything seemed kind of ridiculous. We're talking right now and it's going okay.
I watched Iron Man this weekend after a dinner at Aladdin's with CLRG. I would say that we watched the movie, but he totally fell asleep. Haha. I really liked it. It seemed to me to be the most realistic superhero movie I've seen. You know? It didn't really strike me as strange or fantastic that Tony Stark would be doing the things he was doing. Everything made sense. It was a quality movie. Maybe someday I will watch it again and CLRG can watch it, too, and stay awake. :oP
I just realized today that Valentine's Day is coming up pretty quickly. I mean, sort of. What do I do for that? Christmas was tricky enough. I had a thought today that involved me making dinner for CLRG and us going to see a movie. I was hoping that there might be an old movie playing at a local theatre and we could go to that. Or we could just watch an old movie here at my house. Or at his. I don't know. We went to a theatre in Regent Square to see a movie from the 70s with his parents a month or so ago and that was nice. Maybe they do that frequently. I will have to research.

No comments: