Friday, January 2, 2009

There's No Stopping Us Now

Happy New Year!

I really can't believe that it's already 2009. I've been out of high school for almost 6 years. I've been out of college for almost 2. How did time fly this quickly? I don't have a clue. That is not to say, of course, that my time post-college has not been super. I lived with the parents for a while. I had a real job. I made the decision to come to graduate school, moved to a newish city, and have been making my own life. 2008 was an interesting year. I'm glad that we've moved on from it and am really excited to see what 2009 will bring.

Ringing in the new year was certainly entertaining. I went to CLRG's house. A few of his friends were there, including some I had not yet met. Elle and Toi came after some of the people had arrived and we commenced becoming BFF with the other girls there. It was hilarious and fun. A really good start to the new year, I think, even though parts of the evening are difficult to remember. Haha.

Currently, I am attempting to locate my bedroom in the rubble caused by the explosion of my suitcase. I moved a bunch of my books down to the shelves in the living room and made space for the books I started getting in the mail today. I still have a bunch of stuff to bring in from my car (including my crock pot!) and then maybe actual unpacking can happen. We'll see, I suppose. I should dust my room. I should clean the whole house (that won't really happen, though). It would be a good idea to get 2009 started on the right foot.

1 comment:

Toi said...

I stalked you back. We will definitely be blog friends! Yay!