Monday, January 5, 2009

I'm Like the Ringleader, I Call the Shots

I always read Postsecret on Sundays. I love it. This week's posting contained a secret that made me think of CLRG. I know I'm being mushy and gushy and disgusting, but I can not help it. Here it is:




I had a bit of a baking disaster yesterday. I got a crock pot for Christmas, you see, and a crock pot cookbook. At 2 in the afternoon, Elle and Toi and I decided we should have a dinner party. They worked on the main dish and I planned the dessert. A hot fudge cake! I followed the directions exactly, but when CLRG flipped it to let the cake out (it seemed done when I stuck the fork in. I swear.), it was really very liquidy. I was very sad. Everyone was very nice about it and said it was good, but I felt stupid. Oh well. It probably had something to do with the fact that my crock pot is smaller than a standard one and I maybe should have compensated. Next time, I will not make a cake. I will make something that can not easily become a failure and, hopefully, I will succeed.

The dinner party was to mourn the departure of Toi, who has to go back to school soon and can, therefore, not stay in the Burgh. We played Scattergories after dinner and then went to the Cage for some drinks. I had a delightful whiskey sour. Mmm.

I was not scheduled to work today, so I slept in and am now sitting here in my pajamas, doing basically nothing. I have a list of things to accomplish, but that requires more motivation I can muster.

I think I am going to go locate some leftovers. I am hungry and I own zero groceries. I want soup. Boo.

No comments: