Saturday, November 8, 2008

Mars Ain't the Kind of Place to Raise Your Kids...

Wow, what a week. I mean it. I know it's still happening, but it has been jam-packed with some interesting times. Overall, everything has made me look forward a great deal more to Friendwifecoach's visit (13 days to go!) and Thanksgiving, and Christmas. *sigh* I can't even wait.

Tuesday, though, was a phenomenally wonderful day. I was so anxious to see results from the election that I stalked cnn.com constantly. I was in class in the evening when results started coming in. I cried during the Grant Park speech. Everytime I think about the fact that it is true that Obama was elected, I get all smiley and happy because it was about time. You know what I mean? So awesome.

The rest of the week was pretty standard. I had class, work, homework, no time, etc. Chuck came to visit and it didn't go so well, especially at the end. I don't really feel like going into details right now but, as my mom says, "everything happens for a reason." I believe that. I hope he does, too.

I don't have to work tomorrow and I am sooooo excited. I might sleep until 7am. You know, if I'm feeling adventurous. I have to finish my 10 page research design paper and read The Midwife's Tale for Monday, so that'll be fun. I have a rough draft of another paper due on Thursday, too. Good times. I'm really psyched.

Blah. This was not an entertaining entry. Next time, maybe.

No comments: