Tuesday, September 21, 2010

This Wait For Destiny Won't Do

I am very sleepy right now. It's not that late, so I maybe shouldn't be, but I just am. I do believe I will get ready for bed soon. I'm okay with this, because I have to work at seven tomorrow morning and I like sleeping.

I had a job interview today. It went really well, and they called only hours later to offer the job, but I declined because it was part time (the hours were fewer than my current job) and paid only minimum wage. I felt really bad about it. I was honest when they called, though, and they appreciated that. I just can't backpedal like that, you know? I barely survive as it is. I need to be increasing my earnings. You know.

I finished reading a book that contained a collection of stories by Flannery O'Connor today. It was loaned to me by an old lady customer. Did I already write about that? I can't remember. Anywayyyy... I was glad to be done with it. Not because it was bad (it was actually very good), but because I was spending weeks getting through it and I was feeling bad about keeping it for so long. Now I am getting into a book that I picked up last week while at Target (it's a dangerous place, I tell you). I really like it so far, and it is going by pretty quickly.

Tomorrow is the first day of Italian! I am excited. I need to get a new notebook.

Okay... perhaps it is sleep time?

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Target IS a dangerous place, but it's fantastic! :)

Good luck with Italian tomorrow... I'm trying to learn via livemocha.com and a book called Italian in 10 minutes a day.

Let me know if you learn anything like "El pato es tu padre"... I think we should come up with an Italian sentence like that for sure! :)

Love ya!