Monday, July 27, 2009

We Tore The Thicket Down, Vine By Vine

I got a PA driver's license this afternoon. Of course, it is only temporary until the new one comes in the mail, but I am not a PA driver. Weird, right? They punched a hole in my Michigan license. I thought they would take it away. I am glad they did not. I think that the system that Pennsylvania has for dealing with all things car-related is really screwy. You can't go to one place like you can in Michigan. You have to go to one place for this, another for that, and a third for the other thing. I waited in line today for ages. AGES. Thank goodness Buddy came with me. I would have been frazzled. AND! They didn't even make me take the vision test, so I was happy about that. I just handed over my form and my proper forms of ID, had my picture taken and went about my way. The actual process took no more than 10 minutes. For real.

I just wrote out my to-do list. It is kind of annoying. It is all of the big stuff that has to happen before we move: new utility accounts, rent payments, etc. I just want it to all be over! I want to move! I got a free desk and I am super psyched about it. The girl that lives there now didn't want it and it is pretty much exactly what I need and where I wanted to put it, so she's just leaving it there. Nicely done, no? I know that my desire for moving day to come quickly will be lessened when moving day is actually here and I haven't done anything in while. But- I have been trying to make progress on things. I think I'm getting ready. I also am helping CLRG get ready to move. He has way more stuff, though, so I think it will be super fun.

Okay. I just got really sleepy. I hate that! And my blood sugar has been weirded out all afternoon and that is annoying. Rawr.

No comments: