Friday, June 19, 2009

Dynamite with a Laser Beam

Ughhhh. People make me so angry sometimes. Today, I was at work and everything was pretty standard- I was making many sandwiches for a catering order- and then something snapped in me and I got very angry. The new kid had no idea what was going on and that pissed me off. One of the girls left and handed him her slips for kitchen orders and then, when he gave people the wrong food and asked me what had happened, I could do nothing but stifle a scream. And THEN... this woman came up to me when I was coming back from taking an order out or something and informed me that our bathroom was revolting. REVOLTING. Did we have another she could use? I told her that, no, we did not because the women's room has been out of order since the storm and she got mad at me and said that our bathroom was more revolting than those in New York in the summer (is this supposed to mean something to me?) and she shouldn't have to take her children in there. Honestly, what could I do? I said I was sorry, that it was not my job and that I would attempt to look into it. I used that bathroom today. It was not bad. It's an old bathroom. It gets cleaned with some regularity, so I'm sure she was overreacting. However, I am willing to bet that she doesn't use bathrooms in gas stations and other public places and probably hasn't experienced something as gross as a port-a-john or something. Lord. I was annoyed. It made me even more angry when I found out that she had asked someone else about it who then yelled at my friend. RAWR. I wanted to punch the woman in the face, but I did not.

Anyway, I am working all weekend and I am sure that it will be fun times. CLRG and I are going to his parents' house one afternoon, which will be fun. We have to give them the souvenirs we picked up for them on vacation! Definitely.

No comments: