Thursday, June 7, 2012

That's The Way I Like It

Have we discussed nail polish recently?

I really, really like to paint my nails. After not being able to wear polish for 2+ years because of the whole working-in-food-service thing, I am certainly making up for it. I usually change color once a week. I'm wearing a lovely coral polish right now (Sally Hansen brand) that A was wearing the last time I saw her and she was kind enough to tell me what it was. I'm a fan. I need to change my polish in the next day or two because this stuff has been on for like two weeks and it is looking pretty bad. Ugh. In case you care, another brand of nail polish I enjoy is Wet N Wild because, hello, it's like a dollar. Anyway, I think that my drawer in the bathroom is getting a little bit full of polish. I need to not buy more for a while, I think. Oh dear. 

Okay, the following is not related to nail polish (aren't you glad?):

Do you know what a dump cake is? I had never heard the term until Wifers told me she was making a peach one earlier this week. She sent me the recipe, which is from Bakerella.com. I fully intend to make this cake this weekend. I was also thinking of making vanilla cupcakes, from my Joy the Baker cookbook, but that was only because we were going to have a birthday/father's day/woohoo June cookout with CLRG's family this weekend and I was in charge of desserts. Maybe I will still make them. Maybe. Or probably I will make more strawberry shortcake because I really can't live without it.

2 comments:

Moi said...

I have that coral color on my nails right now too! It was a birthday present from A. I love it!

Tracinator said...

Dump Cake!!!!!! So easy. So delicious.