Thursday, June 10, 2010

When All the Clocks are Spinning Backwards

I got my first rejection email from a job today. It's kind of a bummer, but also kind of good. I mean, I would really like a job that is not the one I have currently, yes. However, I haven't heard from ANY of the other jobs I have applied to, so this is at least some communication. It wasn't even a job that I was really fighting for, either. It was an office related job. It was something that could have worked. But, alas. Nothing. I did apply for three jobs via email tonight. I am faxing materials to a fourth tomorrow after my shift. That is positive, I suppose.

The depressing thing about this job search is that people know I am doing it (customers at work and such) and they ask me how it is going and then try to give me advice about how I can help myself. They tell me to call these places and follow up. They tell me to just keep trying. The problem with the following up business, of course, is that many of these positions are applied for over the internet and, in some cases, I don't even really know how to contact the actual places I apply. Maybe that doesn't make sense, but it's kind of frustrating. I appreciate that so many people are looking out for me and rooting me on, but it is also kind of disheartening to have to report that, nope... nada. Not even a word yet. I suck. Yay.

Blah. I am just so tired of so many things. Whatever happened to instant gratification??

No comments: