Thursday, May 20, 2010

It Takes Two When It Used to Take Only One




Well, my sister is a married woman. It's strange, but also wonderful. I am so happy for her and for Al. The wedding was beautiful and the reception was a ton of fun. The pictures above are two of my favorites from the day. The rehearsal the night before the ceremony was sort of hectic, because the wedding coordinator for the parish was kind of difficult, but it all turned out well in the end because they are now husband and wife! I was talking to Pooks on the phone today while she was driving to their new place and I made her say, " I am moving into an apartment with my husband" just so I could hear what it sounded like. Very interesting. :o) The pictures after the ceremony were a lot of fun. The photographers were amazing and tons of fun and it just flowed really nicely. I am really excited to see the photos. For now, though, if you want to see one, you can go here. Oh man. Can you believe they're finally married? I don't even know what to do about that. Haha.

Helping with the wedding prep stuff made me think more and more about the kind of wedding I would like to have. Of course, I think about this kind of thing all the time, but it just added more depth to my thoughts. For example, part of me really doesn't want to deal with the stress of having a wedding as involved as theirs was. On the other hand, I had a REALLY good time seeing all of my extended family and close family friends and I feel like it would be amazing to have all of those people there for me on my wedding day. Sometimes I think it would be easier to just run off somewhere and get married really quickly and then have a huge party, but I also want to have my family there. I want to have people stand up and watch me declare my love forever and for always. You know? It's complicated. I also would want to make the wedding something that both me and CLRG would want, but we're not even engaged right now so it's sort of hard to gauge where he stands on these issues. We probably won't get engaged until we are actually on a path to affording a wedding, so right now I should just be content to read wedding blogs and imagine beautiful things. Haha. Laaaaaaaame, I know. I'm sorry.

I have some reading to do, and job searching to do, and other things of that nature. I should go do something before it is time to go out with some school people. CK moves this weekend, so we are getting drinks to wish him bon voyage. Sad, sad times. Next up to move is K and I will be really sad when that happens.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Beautiful pics.
MUSCAT.
and i miss you.

Erika said...

Aww, muscat! That makes me smile.

I miss you too!