Friday, March 19, 2010

Maybe Memphis, Tennessee, Maybe Not

My emotions have been sort of all over the place the past few weeks. I've gone from happy to sad, from miserable to okay, from stressed to... slightly less stressed. This week has been actually pretty good. I have only cried like once, and that was because I watched the episode of Sex & the City where Charlotte goes to a singles mixer thing after she and Harry break up and he's there and he proposes and it's perfect and sweet. I cried then.

School has been trying to put me under ground lately. I have more work to do than time in which to do it (like you've never heard me say that before) and sometimes I just want to hide. A friend asked me yesterday how many weeks I had left and I just kind of stared at her before I realized she was asking how much longer I had in the semester. I replied with, "I'm just taking it one day at a time." I feel like, normally, I would have some kind of countdown, but this semester is more than that. I can't really hide from real life in school anymore. I need to get a real job and start actually doing the things I've been thinking about. YIKES.

The weather in Pittsburgh has been pretty lovely this week, which is helpful in being in a good mood. I walked home today without my cardigan on, and that was lovely. I think it was 65 degrees or something! The sun has been really happy. And especially happy because, last weekend when it was rainy, I went shopping with K and we felt compelled to buy mini greenhouses at Lowe's. Mine has three types of herbs in it. The cat nip is the only one making any progress. I'm glad it's working. I promised CLRG's cats I would share.

No comments: